Thursday, February 5, 2015

CCC Chats with Ronda Carlisle


 
Name: Ronda Carlisle
Title: Nurse Research Manager
 
UAB CCC: How long have you worked at the cancer center?
RC: I have been working on 17 years as of this year. I was a research nurse coordinator, but I have always been working in the capacity of Nurse Research Manager.
 
UAB CCC: What do you enjoy most about working at the Cancer Center?
RC: I love working with the patients. They are so appreciative of everything you do for them. The patients are the most important thing to me.
 
UAB CCC: What do you like to do in your free time?
RC: I love to knit and Thursdays are my knitting nights so I need to get off early tonight so I can enjoy that. I also like working in the yard. There is always landscaping to do at my house.  
 
UAB CCC: Describe your typical day here.
RC: *laughs as her beeper goes off* My beeper is always going off, if you can imagine. I like to come in early. If it’s a clinic day, I’m ready to go. I check emails, my phones and finish up work from the day before. I am always organizing my work before other people get involved. If I have to go the floor, then I make sure orders are signed and continue on with the next thing.
 
UAB CCC: In your opinion what do you find most important about the Cancer Center as a whole?
RC: What all we have to offer here in the South. UAB has great resource for so many people.  Not everyone has to go to other cancer centers. We are just now building our services for multiple myeloma, which we haven’t done before.
 
UAB CCC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
RC: *smiles* I’m going to keep it in the states and say the Grand Canyon. I think that is where I would want to go first. I’ve been to European countries and well, I love being here in the states.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment