Wednesday, February 11, 2015

CCC Chats with Mary Jerome


Name: Mary Jerome
Title: Research Nurse Coordinator

UAB CCC: How long have you worked at the cancer center?
MJ: I have worked here for 5 years.

 UAB CCC: What do you enjoy most about working at the Cancer Center?
MJ: The collaboration between doctors and radiologists. They collaborate together and make this place a package. We do the research and we all like to pull together to make this a team. All about teamwork here!

UAB CCC: What do you like to do in your free time?
MJ: I’m a grandmother so I enjoy being around my big family. I am also the caregiver with my mother who has Alzheimer’s. It’s also fun to listen to CD books on my long drive to work, but I mean who doesn’t love watching movies and going to dinner too?

UAB CCC: Describe your typical day here.
MJ: The point of my job is that when I get a subject I put them on clinical trials and get them treated. I direct a lot of the patient care here as well. I make sure orders are turned in. Coordinating everyone is part of my everyday job, especially when working with industry sponsors and having their people communicate with my people as they say. *chuckles*

UAB CCC: In your opinion what do you find most important about the Cancer Center as a whole?
MJ: It offers people hope. Typically I work with lung cancer patients and that’s not a good diagnosis most of the time.  Across this whole spectrum, we give people hope here and I love it.

UAB CCC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
MJ: Hawaii! It has always appealed to me. I love the sun and the sand. They have no snakes too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment